The Pandemonium inducing podcast of pandemic proportions, without the propaganda!
Words of Wisdom:
“God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.” ~Daniel Webster
Weekly News Update:
- Shaneen Allen Pardoned!
- Ammoland reporting a full pardon by Govenor Chris Christie was issued for Shaneen Allen. While her being admitted to PTI was a great step forward for her, this will speed her ability to resume her life.
- Kansas passed Constitutional Carry!
- Two great news stories this week. Another state institutes Constitutional Carry, or should we call is Permit-less Carry? That seems pretty good too.
Where the Hood At? Newark New Jersey!!!
Reportedly, DMX’s crew flashed a gun and robbed an individual at New Jersey gas station, after he had recognized DMX and approached the group to talk to them. Police are looking into the report. The victim claims to have had $3200.00 stolen from him. After taking his money, he says that DMX and crew piled into an SUV. He proceeded to follow them so as to provide police with a description and license plate.
We take this opportunity to reflect on DMX’s career, with this article comparing the number of unique words used by rappers in their first 35,000 lyrics. There is an interesting comparison between rap lyrics and Shakespeare as well.
What can we learn from this? The first point is probably not to carry $3000 in cash in Newark New Jersey! Secondly, maybe it isn’t a good idea to approach rappers while at gas stations…? Beyond that we leave the conclusions to you.
The effort to recall Steve Sweeney has hit the press here in New Jersey. John relates that some in his circles have asked, “Is recalling Sweeney this the right move for gun owners in New Jersey?” To this point, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. John has some reasons either way.
A couple reasons against recall:
- Steve Fulop is a bigger threat as a gubernatorial candidate as he is more of a campaigner against firearms. Sweeney might be aligned against us, but it doesn’t seem to be his focus.
- Maybe Sweeney can be convinced to change his mind again…?
A couple reasons to support the recall:
- Sweeney didn’t act out of ignorance, he knew what he was doing
- A successful recall of Sweeney will have impact. The combination of his Senate presidency & gubernatorial ambitions increases the significance of a successful recall.
- Sweeney is relatively easier to recall than other anti-gun politicians in this state. John ranked those who voted for anti-gun bills after the last election, Sweeney’s electoral margins are narrower than others.
Essentially our opinion is that now that the recall effort is getting attention, and is tied to gun owners in New Jersey, the question of whether it is the best tactical move is moot. (Admittedly we favored the idea.) Regardless, the recall needs to be supported and successful. As gun owners we need to pull out the stops to get signatures. The process is daunting, but we must rise to the challenge. Any shortcoming will be exaggerated by the media to hurt the whole community of gun owners in New Jersey.