Words of Wisdom:
Where Mike drops knowledge… like a boss.
“Let us hope our weapons are never needed –but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government — and a few outlaws.” – Edward Abbey, “Abbey’s Road”, 1979
Edward Abby was an American Author, Essayist, Environmentalist, and Anarchist. He served in the United States Army as a Military Police officer for two years, being promoted twice and demoted twice before being honorably discharged as a Private.
Where we feature some recent anti-rights garbage or a pro-rights victory.
- Federal Judge slaps the DOJ in his ruling
- This story features an ongoing court case between Jay Dobyns and the Department of Justice. The Judge has barred the DOJ lawyers from the case, after accusing them of perpetuating a “fraud upon the court”. He has also directly notified the Attorney General of their conduct.
- Gun Control Double Standards
- A gun control group wants Emily Miller fired, after she spoke at this event. This is pretty rich considering that nanny Bloomberg’s group is going to be funding “journalist training” on the “gun issue” in a few months.
- Banning Children under age 12 from Gun Shows?
- Does anyone really want to do this? According to new bill in New York… yes.
The last couple weeks we’ve had interviews for you, but this week we have quite a bit of commentary to catch up on.
Mike ran across this article and noticed that every statistic was provided by a different anti-rights group. Is this a new strategy by gun-banners? John says no. We’ve been dealing with AstroTurf groups for years. In addition, it appears these statistics are the familiar fabrications that Everytown, the so-called Moms and the Illegal Mayors have been pushing.
So do Anti’s try to create groups that suggest there are many experts with educated opinions about gun safety? Yes, but it isn’t new (or even that effective).
In fairness, we do acknowledge that there are several states that do allow staff willing to carry to do so. In fact, we hear new stories on that front all the time. However, arming school staff is about recognizing that it simply isn’t reasonable to expect criminals and madmen to obey gun laws. It certainly isn’t about glorifying guns, as the author here suggests.
It appears that the FDIC is willing to clean up their act. They have admitted that wrongdoing occurred.
“Emails unearthed by investigators showed employees scheming to influence banks’ decisions on who to do business with by labeling certain industries “reputational risks,” ensuring banks “get the message” about the businesses the regulators don’t like, and pressuring banks to cut credit or close those accounts, effectively discouraging entire industries.”
We don’t have freedom if one’s legitimate business is targeted simply because a bureaucrat doesn’t like what you sell or the service you provide. We would add that this is why it is important that the legislative body ensure they retain power granted by the people and to provide for vigorous oversight.
Thanks for listening! See ya next week.